Saturday, July 11, 2009

so sad

Our poor garden looks pretty sad. The soil is less than perfect since we had to remove all those nasty bulbs. Next year we are planning on bringing topsoil and lots of fertilizer. What did grow was being eaten by slugs. Sadly, by the time we figured out the issue and fed them some "special slug food" - most of the damage was irreversible. I may get a few handfuls of things here and there, but I think this will mostly be a "learning year."


I did manage to get these two tiny handfuls of green goodness. Ty and I each got one green bean, and then Savvy finished the rest in ten seconds flat. She cried when she found ot there wasn't "MORE!" Maybe we're going to have to go a make a raid on Grandma and Grandpa's garden!

2 comments:

AP said...

Hey, I think you got more peas than I did, so don't feel too bad!

Ruth said...

You don't even have to raid the garden, you can have anything in it. Our garden is looking great, so we are glad to share. Love you!!!!!!!!