Friday, May 15, 2009

Let it grow!

The garden is beginning to grow. I was thrilled when I went to water today and I saw beans, peas, lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, onions, and garlic growing away. Hopefully, the rest of it starts to grow soon!

Here is my organic lettuce mix. It's getting bigger! Since it was my first attempt, it got it's own little bed.
Here is the main garden. You can't see the raspberry bushes, they are just off the bottom of the picture. Going from the bottom to the top of the picture is beans, regular cabbage, chinese cabbage, peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, onions, potatoes, tomatoes (hothouse, cherry, and pear), peppers (green bell, jalapeno, and sweet banana), summer squash, speghetti squash, watermelon, sugar pumpkin, jack-o-latern pumpkin, spinach, and iceberg lettuce. Our green onions and garlic are in a seperate bed, and our strawberries and blueberries will be going into yet another bed either tonight or tommorrow.


I can't wait for harvest time!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, that's so neat it's sprouting. Much more satisfying that Webkinz. ;o) lol

Handsfullmom said...

How fun you're getting some sprouts. Good luck with it!