Monday, April 6, 2009

Slide - part 1


We decided that with part of this year's tax return we were going to invest in a playland for the backyard. After much comparison shopping and lots of visits to stores and showrooms, we finally took the plunge. When Ty brought it home, the girls freaked out. Ky alternated between hugging us and jumping up and down saying "thank you Daddy! thank you!" Savvy kept hugging the slide like it was her best friend. Now, they get to anxiously wait while Daddy assembles it. All 7 HUGE boxes. Yeah, I'm glad it's not me. I'll make sure and get some pictures as it progresses.

5 comments:

Trish said...

May the force be with Tyler.
Putting ours together kicked our butts. LOL

Ruth said...

Well all I can say is I hope he reads the instructions, your Dad wasn't very good at it, we always had extra parts. Can't wait to see the finished project.

~The Redhead~ said...

How fun for your girls, and sadly I doubt it will be as fun for you guys having to build it! But maybe it will be a fun manly project for hubby if hes into building things!

Becky said...

Wow, how exciting! Maybe next year we'll get a good one like that.

I've heard the best thing you can do is pre-label EVERY part so it's easy to grab what you need.

AP said...

Good luck with that. I'm impressed that you guys got the boxes home--I thought you were going to have to rent a u-haul!