Friday, November 20, 2009

Updates

Well, the plethora of pictures I had expected this weekend didn't happen. We did have a great weekend though! First, one of my best friends and I went to the New Moon Cast Party. We had so much fun, but they did not allow cameras into the event. We did get to meet the actors that play Laurent and Caius in the new movie. So fantastic! Some of the staff pulled us aside to get make-overs from the new Twilight make-up line. I have become quite a Twilight Saga fan over the last month, so this was a pretty incredible night.
The next day Ty and I took the girls to Disney on Ice Princess Classics. Sadly, I forgot to take the camera in. The girls were in heaven - they loved seeing Ariel in real life. It made me even more determined to get them to a Disney park soon. Savvy woke up the next morning and asked if we could "go see Ariel again?" So cute.
Tuesday was my surgery. I am offically "bionic" now, although they won't turn on the machine for a while to give my stitches time to heal. I am really sore and have had a few rough nights, but I am on the mend. I am so lucky to have such a great support system - my mom stepping in to make sure the girls were cared for, Ty caring for me at the hospital and home as well as supporting my Twilight addiction to keep a smile on my face despite the pain, and my PYP family for keeping me the center of their thoughts and prayers - especially Trish aka "Dori" for arranging delicious meals. I am so thankful you are all a part of my life.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I'm happy to help even if only helping to keep the bellies full. ;)

Ruth said...

So sad tht there isn't any pictures. Just hope your feeling better. Can't wait to see you on turkey day.