Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School Days

We woke up this morning to a very excited little voice singing "I go to school!" Savvy has been looking forward to this day for a whole year, and Ky has been missing Preschool since she graduated last year. Today they started the new year with a "Meet the Teacher" day. Ky has a new classroom and two new teachers, and Savvy was lucky enough to be in Ky's old classroom, complete with her old teacher and a new aide. They got all dressed up, put on their "pack-packs" as Savvy calls them, and couldn't wait to get started.


Here they are outside their school, they look so grown up!

Waiting to go into class!

Here's Ky showing off a particularly lovely pair of gold glitter dress-up shoes. She did pretty good for a new environment, and only told her teacher "ummmmm, no" once.



Here's Savvy pushing her baby in the stroller. She was a little shy at first, but relaxed quite a bit as the day progressed.


Overall, Preschool was a hit and I bet it will be easy to get them excited to go back tommorrow. It's the first day I will be leaving Ky, but I think Savvy needs at least one more day to adjust. I think I am looking forward to it as much as they are!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Awesome day!! I'm totally in love with those shirts. Where did you get them at anyway??

I'm hoping Carson does ok tomorrow.. he was really quiet until just before we left.

Angel said...

My mom got them for the girls at Old Navy. They're cute because they had tons of sizes - even to fit your girls' ages.

I am trying to emotionally prepare for tommorrow... I don't know which of mine I worry about more. lol.

Ruth said...

Well, it is hard to believe that both of the girls will be in school. I hope they have a ton of fun and learn lots.